[SEL] Engines at State Archives

Ron Page page at velocitynet.com.au
Sat Sep 13 01:20:41 PDT 2008

Hi Eric

I have been researching MV for a number of years and you are right there is
little information about this company.  As for their engines this not clear
as they they rebadged quite a number of different engines over the years,
however there are three engines which I have never seen badged as anything
other than MV and they are the "round" model of 1 1/2 hp (MV1), the oval 2
hp "oval" model (MV2) and the "square" model of both 2 1/2 hp and 3 hp
(MV3).  One chap has written in the TOMM magazine that he saw MV3's made in
a factory in Northern Queensland.

Ron
Canberra