[SEL] Engine finishes

Orrin B Iseminger obise at moscow.com
Tue Sep 9 17:14:14 PDT 2008

You may get a variety of answers, but I prefer to keep the coating very
thin; so, I put a glug of boiled linseed oil into a half-dozen, or more,
glugs of paint thinner and wipe on the mixture with a lint-free rag.  It may
take a week to dry.

This treatment does wonders for faded paint.  I've seen it transform many
pieces of rusty and faded "barn fresh" iron into handsome displays,
sometimes bringing out pinstriping or lettering that was previously
unnoticeable.  Of course, the dirt and crud should be removed, first.

Best regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA