[SEL] First solid-injection Diesel (U.S. and Europe)

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 3 09:06:35 PDT 2008

Gang:

Frank and I are doing some research and need to find out who was the first person/company to develop a production solid-injection Diesel engine.  We know that Rudolph Diesel, late in his career, tried to sell the idea in the early 20th Century but it appears no one was interested so he dropped the idea and stuck with air blast system.

If anyone could suggest a book that is in print that would enlighten us, we'd appreciate the information.  If it's NOT in print, we could try to find a copy.  Anybody got any leads?

Also, I'm looking for specifications on Bronz (Hvid) engines with the intention of scaling down the dimensions to make a generic large scale model of one.

Thanks!

Take care - Elden
edurand at mchsi.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand