[SEL] OT Who remembers the 100+ messages per day?

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Oct 27 14:18:29 PDT 2008

G'day Peter,

Oh you poor, poor baby.  Imagine how I feel?  Our government is taking a
bazillion of OUR tax dollars and doling it out to PERFECTLY HEALTHY
businesses!!  Case in point that rankles me.  PNC bank buys National City bank
for $5.6 billion thus becoming the fifth largest bank in the US.  And our Uncle
Sugar gives PNC bank $7.7 billion!
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/24/news/companies/bank_stocks/index.htm

And you whine about your taxes propping up a few struggling Aussie banks?

Gimmie a break.  To paraphrase that well known Aussie symbol, Crocodile Dundee,
"You call that a tax mess?  THIS is a tax mess."

See ya,  Arnie

<snip>