[SEL] OT Who remembers the 100+ messages per day?

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Mon Oct 27 10:04:02 PDT 2008

Hello Arnie and Dave ,so good to hear you again ,for a while now due to the
fiscal crisis and your political situation I feared you had taken to the
hills. Now at the risk of upsetting someone who wishes for a 100 engine
related emails a day I thought I would run this past you.....
In 1773 there was the Boston Tea Party,those bloody colonists tipped all
that tea into the harbour .I know a little about this affair probably more
than you know about the ''NSW Rum Corp''.Sorry I diverge ,where was I ,yes
the Tea party.As you would well know the reason for this act of wanton
vandalism was the misguided view of these colonists that they were being
unfairly taxed .Perhaps from todays point of view they were indeed.
My next point,due to the misguided practice of certain American banks and
lending institutions a global financial crisis has resulted and we all hope
that it does not get to the stage of 1929.However it has resulted in non
Amercan Goverments bailing out their own banks and lending institutions and
the world sinking into recession.Here in Australia, Rudd the almighty has
guaranteed all bank accounts will be safe ,there is no limit to how much
moolah you can have in deposit .If you have money in a investment scheme as
a lot of poor old self funded retired engine men do then Rudd the Almighty
says go and see Centerlink [ or ''Let Them Eat Cake'']
Sorry I diverge again, where was I ,yes the Tea Party,well the way I see it
was those poor Yankee Colonists saw this tax as ''Tax with out
Representation''.
Now all these years latter I feel the same way ,I can not influence how the
US regulates it's banks and financial institutions ,but  my tax is being
used to prop up banks here who have suffered as a result of the US
fiasco....drawing a long bow ,perhaps but worth a comment or two!
To appease those who wish for those 100 a day engine related emails ,yes I
could have gone to Slick Willy but there are so many crack pots on that ,it
is worse than getting a 100 engine related emails a day.....