[SEL] New here, looking for first project - Australia

Jim Kirkes jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Sun Oct 12 17:03:24 PDT 2008

Hi Ash,

Welcome to the SEL.  If you were in the US I would be more
than happy to help you out with an engine purchase.  There
are quite a few from
OZ on the list and they can help you with where to go and
who to see.

For your first engine get one that is complete, doesn't have
to work but it all needs to be there.  When you are an
expert you can buy engines
with missing parts as you will be able to better judge how
hard the parts are to get or make.  Another thing you might
consider is a common
engine as there are lots of people that can help you out.

Hope that helps a little,  BTW what state is Armidale in,
give us a reference from a bigger city?

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, California U.S.A.