[SEL] Anson Engine Museum / IMechE Presentation to JCB

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Thu Oct 9 14:20:33 PDT 2008

One of the US cable channels, either History or Discovery,
has shown (several times) a program about Speed Week
at Bonneville, which includes the problems that the JCB team
went thru to get the record. Unfortunately, the car included
some computers, which of course were blamed for most
of the problems.

The program primarily focused on 3 teams, JCB, a teenage
girl's first time in a rather fast streamliner, and a privateer
with a Sunbeam Tiger.

Excellent show, with a lot about the people who do this.

Makes you want to go out there sometime

Dave Merchant