[SEL] engine pictures

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:36:09 PDT 2008

On 07/10/2008, Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za> wrote:
>          2) Something very important with digital camera's is "battery
> life". Some of them really "chew" batteries. Do not go for anything that
> uses "proprietary" battery packs - they're expensive. Rechargeable
> penlights (AA) work well for me. They're not expensive and you can also buy
> normal AA batteries almost anywhere if your rechargeable batteries run
> flat. I once bought an HP digital but returned it within the 7 day "cooling
> off" period - darn thing only took about 15 shots per set of batteries.
> Remember also that the more you use the zoom feature and the flash the more
> battery power it will use up.

Have to disagree strongly with that, Jerry.

Sony Infolithium gives a running battery life total in the battery
viewfinder, and if you buy the accessory dual Sony chargers, they also
give 'battery life' and 'time to charge' figures as well.

Look up Sony AC-SQ950 for the M series battery charger as an example.

At Buckley & Portland we were getting 300+ shots out of one battery
charge, and although I carried a spare battery with me, I never had to
change it all day. We recharged each night obviously.

My son on the other hand is always complaining that his Fuji always
runs out of battery power when he is least expecting it! He has tried
the high capacity NiMH batteries too, but gets little warning of when
they are going to go down on him.

We are biased towards Sony as we have a lot of their kit, but with
something like 16000 images taken over the past 6 years or so, we have
established a track record with Sony product that we think is hard to
beat.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes