[SEL] engine pictures

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 7 07:52:40 PDT 2008

Guys:

It all depends on just how much resolution you need.  I would like to get one of the newer high pixel count SLR cameras so I can use my bayonet 35mm film SLR lenses with but the cost is still a bit high for me to justify the purchase.

Right now, I'm using an older Sony Mavica MVC-FD100 (1.2 megapixel) and it does a credible job.

It'll even do pretty good macro as long as you remember to zoom all the way out and sometimes fake-out the auto focus function, which I find to be one of the less than ideal things about this camera.

If you want examples, go to my website below and look at the photos on The Homebrew Engine.  I've embedded full resolution photos (most only slightly 'doctored') behind every "front" lower resolution photo.  Just click on the front photo to get the images at the camera's maximum (and slightly doctored) resolution.

Note that this is not an ad for Sony.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand