[SEL] Piston Rings and old engines.

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Thu Oct 2 13:36:53 PDT 2008

Tommy,

Think you have that backwards.  Measuring the "land" tells you the
minimum internal ring diameter of the compressed ring, plus of course
some clearance as you don't want the ring to bottom out against the
land.

The measurement I was wondering about is the internal diameter of the
uncompressed ring.

George