[SEL] Old Iron Rebuild

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Thu Oct 2 10:55:53 PDT 2008

They also used to make rings out of thick paper like beer coaster material.
The lineshaft shop at Henry Ford Museum used those the last time I was there.

At the time, a few years ago, the Ford shop was manufacturing small
marine engines for wooden boat aficiandos.

When the shafts are running, the rings walk back + forth the length of
the shaft between pillow blocks or pulleys.

The shop at Portersville is small but interesting, you can get up close.

Dave Merchant