[SEL] Austral spanners (for the aussies)

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 23:50:46 PST 2008

On 25/11/2008, Chester Smith <edwards_service at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi guys, can anyone tell me what size snail brand spanners came with a 8hp
> Austral originally, cheers from West Aussie,
> Chester.

We got together an almost full set of Whitworth spanners for Dave
Rotigel's Austral this last summer. To be correct, they should only
have Whitworth sizes marked, as the combined Whitworth/BSF markings
were introduced in WWII and would be later than most Austral engines.

Snail brand spanners do appear quite regularly over here in the UK,
and I think I saw their old place in Sheffield while doing an
installation at one of the hospitals a year or so back.

The ones that we got for Dave were unbranded.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com