[SEL] Wanted: Pair of old Panel Meters for a Searchlight Generator

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:42:21 PST 2008

We got the old Petter PU8 genny engine running today, had to change
the magneto as the original had been got at and reassembled with the
timing wrong :-((

It runs OK, lots of smoke and rust out of the silencer on start-up,
but for a 1940's flat twin air-cooled engine, it ran quite well. We
had oiled the bores etc when we had the heads off to free off the
valves, so a bit of smoke was expected.

The dynamo produced 120V and was controllable with the field rheostat,
but the two panel meters are completely shot due to water getting
inside the casings.

So we are looking for a 0-150V Moving Coil DC voltmeter and a 0-50A
Moving Coil DC ammeter, body diameter 3.50" mounting flange 4.25"
(round)

If anyone knows of anything suitable, please give me a shout, good
price paid plus postage.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes