[SEL] OT ..congrats to the US

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Thu Nov 6 08:44:57 PST 2008

In this case, the huge turnout is a measure of the massive cultural divide
in the US.

It was the result of a get-out-the-vote arms race between the liberal and
conservative wings.

Compulsory voting would seen to encounter the law of unintended consequences,
in the form of the rebellious faction marking ballots at random.
With the number of oppressive measures in Oz right now, that faction may be
getting rather large?

Dave Merchant