[SEL] O.T. O.T. Dodge Wiring Problem UPDATE!

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 5 12:54:10 PST 2008

Paul:

This gives me a big clue!  CRUMMY HEADLIGHT SWITCH!

We had a motorhome that was built using '92 Dodge Cummins Diesel parts.  The headlight switch would get really hot when the lights were on.  I never had to replace the switch but was expecting to do so at any time.  I think the heat buildup was from the dashlight dimmer rheostat.  I think they had too many lights on the circuit.

We traded the motorhome.

We never blew a fuse but, if the switch melted internally, something could short out when it was hot.

Big help, ain't I?!!     :-)

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand