[SEL] O.T. O.T. Dodge Wiring Problem UPDATE!

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 5 11:19:31 PST 2008

Ok Gang I just came in from working on the truck and here is what I know so far:

It is the power door lock fuse that is blowing all of the time according to the fuse my grandson showed me that he is constantly replacing. Also we removed the headlight switch assembly and found that the main power wire coming to the switch block (I think it was green/red) had turned black at the connection block and the plastic around the connector at the switch assembly had shown signs of melting.

About two years or so ago this whole switch assembly had melted down and I had to install a new one, now the new one is showing signs of overheating.

Does this give anyone any clues?

I have crawled up under the rear of the truck and checked all of the wires, removed the taillight assemblies and checked all of the wires and crawled up under the front of the truck and checked all of the wires, I have checked inside of the engine well, I have tried shaking wires to get the lights to flicker and all to no avail.

He did tell me that when his headlights will begin to flicker he can reach over and raise up on the pull out knob for the headlights and it will stop, when he lets pressure off of the pull out knob for the headlights they will start to flicker again. It may be the blooming switch again which is a $100.00 plus unit.

Thanks for trying to help me with this.

Being an old veteran who was laid off from his job and trying to raise two grandkids limits my ability to put this in the shop and have it repaired so I will have to keep trying to find the problem.

Paul