[SEL] ON TOPIC: Three for one deal: One message, three engine pictures.

Jack nadejack at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 3 15:54:58 PST 2008

Elden DuRand wrote:
> Rob:
>
> All three came out the same.
>
> I can remember the days of my youth when you could hear them a-comin' down the line..........Pu-putt, pu-putt, putt, putt, pu-putt.
>
> All I can say is that they are a LOT less annoying than Maytage!   :-)
>
> Take care - Elde

===
I can remember going with my Uncle Pat who was a Railway Lengthsman
Ganger at Tara, Quensland (Oz) in about 1946, on their Fairmont with a
flat-top trailer, gang of half a dozen men with all their tools and
equipment, plus a few kangaroo dogs. At the end of their length (about a
45 mile length of railway they were responsible for), to return they
simply stopped the engine (a 2-stroke), pushed the long magneto
advance/retard lever back the opposite way and restarted the engine in
reverse, and came home pushing the trailer.

It had no roof, windscreen, or other luxurious apointments - just a
couple of padded planks for seats and footboards on each side, but I
thought it was bonzer!

JW²
===