[SEL] Babbitt lapping compound

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 16:47:27 PDT 2008

FYI,  Some time back there was discussion re a bearing lapping compound.  After a couple tries I finally received an email response from Newman Tools to my inquiry re price and availability of their yellow label product.  I was surprised, to say the least.
  Their sampler kit of 8 three oz. cans of various grits: $189
  2  one lb. each cans of medium and fine grits             131
  Shipping, handling, insurance to Los Angeles              25
  Total:  $345  a bit much for one con rod bearing.  I may down size to a single can of medium after hearing if anyone has actually purchased and used this product.  Comments?
  Bill in Japan
wmyoung at juno.ocn.ne.jp
  SEL mailing list
SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com