[SEL] O.T. IHC Truck question

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 19 12:57:11 PDT 2008

Jerry:

Wow!  I had a truck almost identical to that one.  Mine was a T100 and had the Silver Diamond 220 engine and the first-year Warner automatic tranny.

The truck was given to me to get it out of the way.  I rebuilt the engine, replaced the king pins and brakes and used it for about ten years to haul firewood.  It was pretty beat-up when I got it and even more beat up when I sold it for $500, still running fine.  I think I cleared about $300 over my cost.

One thing I remember clearly was that since this was the first year for the automatic, there as an instruction decal on the dash.  The decal read: "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.  To go forward, step on the accelerator.  To stop, step on the brake."

Take care - Elden