[SEL] Petter Atomic 15 H.P.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Mar 9 11:03:04 PDT 2008

At 06:00 PM 09/03/2008, you wrote:
>Message: 5
>Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:41:27 -0000
>From: "Jim French" <fbi at insulate.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Spam> Petter Atomic 15 H.P.
>
>Hi Jerry
>Jim's got a 6HP Atomic.  Sorry, the only pic I've put online is here
>http://www.insulate.co.uk/jim/jimstoys3.htm
>As to missing parts, guaranteed one of them will be the injector (nozzle),
>which is as rare as rocking horse poo studded with hens teeth.  However,
>there are similar ones about which will make the engine pop and bang as
>required!
>Talk to Paul Evans of Internal Fire http://www.internalfire.com/
>Look forward to seeing pics!
>Regards,
>Dolly & Jim

Hi Dolly & Jim,
         Thanks for the reply - when I googled "Petter Atomic" yours was
one of the first to come up. (Well Done "The Webmistress" :-)) Advanced
search (in those results) for 15 hp only found about 3 results and none
relevant.

         Neville also has a 6HP (unrestored) and has already stripped a few
parts from it for comparison and will be able make (or modify) some of the
parts using those from the 6 HP for reference.

         On "Jim's List" Roland Craven replied:
"The 15hp is an uprated version of the 12hp with practically no parts in
common with any other size. the 12-15 is also far from common so parts may
be a big issue.."

         I do not think that Neville is too concerned with "availability of
parts" - more a case of being able to see what they look like and do so
that he can copy and make them.  We have a saying in South Africa (in
Afrikaans - our other language) "'n Boer Maak 'n Plan" - direct translation
is " A Farmer makes a plan".

         I've not seen the engine yet and am still waiting for Neville to
give me a list of what he needs but if an injector is one of the missing
"bits" I do not see that as a big problem.

         I learnt a lot about diesel injectors (from these lists) a few
weeks ago when looking for one for my 12 HP Witte CD Diesel. Thanks all.

         I'll get some pics soon but, as I mentioned, he got this one in
boxes so the pics will not be much until it starts going together again.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm