[SEL] Old iron to the rescue!

Ed Herreid bigtime64 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:31:20 PST 2008

Thats great Mike.  Are you the merit badge counselor?

Jacob took the Regimota / New Holland model engine to school for a demonstration speech.  I warned him about engines and their ability to show their true colors and be a pain to start in front of a crowd.  He said it started and ran perfectly at the first flip of the flywheels.  I guess I gotta get some lessons from him before I dispense any more advise.

Ed Herreid
Trevor WI USA> From: oldironnut at alltel.net> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:07:11 -0500> Subject: [SEL] Old iron to the rescue!> > Howdy all,> > Since it's pretty quiet on the list I thought that I would let you > know that Lincoln's MacLeod served up another round of education last > night. Lincoln's Boy Scout troop is doing their Winter merit badge > classes and one of them is auto mechanics. Last night was the first > class and we wanted to give a good introduction to what a 4 cycle > engine is. What better way to do that than to wheel in a hit-n-miss > engine since they can clearly see exactly what we mean by suck, > squeeze, bang and blow. Anyway, it went very well and we got a lot of > good questions on both the engine itself as well as what was going on > when the engine was running and how it related to "modern" engines.> > See ya',> Mike> ______________________> Michael Tucker> oldironnut at alltel.net> Versailles, Kentucky, USA> ______________________> > > > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel