[SEL] Engine Parts - The Gig on the Dig

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Jun 13 20:08:25 PDT 2008

Thanks Jerry.  I remember purchasing an engine, a 14 HP Hagan, many
years ago and it was somewhat of the same scenerio.  The engine had been
disassembled and parts scattered.  This was in the KY oilfields and the
dismantled pieces taken to other buildings to use as spare parts.  He
seller, who ran the oil fields, told me that he knew quite a few of the
parts were around but we would have to search them out and any parts we
could find, even spare parts, we could have.  We spent a day traveling
from building to building and looking in and around the old pump
houses.  We found nearly everything that was missing plus several extra
parts.  It was a lot of fun and something I remember well even though
this was almost 30 years ago.  Not sure if the current search will be as
fun as its in the middle of the summer.  But, its sort of like searching
for lost treasure.  That's always fun no matter the weather.

Tommy Turner