[SEL] O.T. Quality over the years

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Fri Jun 13 14:46:02 PDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Jerry Evans wrote:
> Anyway, to end an extremely long winded post - what are other list
> members's thoughts on the subject?

Hi Jerry,
I have thoughts on the matter, but from the perspective of a Gringo.
Off the top of my head, the engines I've owned have been American,
Canadian, English and Scottish.  Without exception, the European
engines have been of superior design and workmanship.  The Euros just
put more effort into the deal.

The Americans and the Canadians, on the other hand, cut corners in
design and workmanship, allowing them to produce engines at a more
economical cost.

Waddaya wanna drive, a Ferrari or a Chevy?  That's the great thing
about a free economy:  there's something for everyone.

Rob

P.S.
Would your mum have been able to make a living selling high-quality
grinders at 50 ZAR a pop?