[SEL] FW: Lister D model 26HD

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Mon Jun 9 17:12:43 PDT 2008

Bill most Lister D,s have a hopper cooling system ,that is the water jacket
around the cylinder is the "Hopper''. Your engine sounds as if it is one
with a sealed cylinder head designed for an external water tank. That's fine
,just remember you have a Thermo syphon system ,hot water rises and cooler
water takes it's place.
The bottom out let of your tank must be level or lower than the engine
connection .The top connection of the engine must rise to the tank .
Lister D's can boil away all day ,no problems.
I am sure I have a Lister D tank diagram some where if you want I can send
it.