[SEL] FW: Lister D model 26HD

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Mon Jun 9 16:47:18 PDT 2008

To this FATG, it sounds like a thermosyphon system like many Farmalls.

Without a picture it's had to be sure, but when cool, the water level in
the tank and engine would be the same. The engine wouldn't need to
get all that hot for steam to carry over the top pipe.

Thermosyphons are simple, since they are self regulating without a
thermostat, ie they evaporate as much water as needed to keep the
correct operating temperature. The height of the return pile would
appear to regulate the operating temp.

Dave Merchant