[SEL] Petter PU8 4kW 110V DC Searchlight Generator

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:45:10 PDT 2008

On 02/06/2008, fero_ah at city-net.com <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> At this rate you need to start acquiring some vintage lights for a really
> nifty
> "electrical" display with all these gennys.
>
> See ya,  Arnie

Many years ago, when I was working for the Film & TV industry, we
recovered a searchlight from the front garden of a house in Copthorne,
East Sussex. We had Mole-Richardson 25kW arc lights already, but this
little (4 ft diameter) searchlight was wanted for special effects. I
had know it was there for some years, just didn't need it for my own
use.

Our maintenance guy got the arc mechanism working after a few hours
work and it was kept in use for some years, I don't know what happened
to it after I left the company in 1981.

It was possibly the one to go with this Petters generator.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com