[SEL] Ebay plagiarised listing description.

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Mon Jul 28 02:52:18 PDT 2008

I cannot say how it may apply in the USA but if someone in Australia did
that from an Australian website it most certainly would be illegal. I'd
be surprised if USA Copyright was much different.

This kind of issue is simply avoided by asking the copyright holder for
permission - could you imagine it being refused, especially since it
comes with a little free advertising? Mind you, if this seller was dodgy
then someone might seek compensation from the website.

Regards
Paul