[SEL] The Gig on the Dig - Part II

Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Jul 21 11:22:45 PDT 2008

Thanks Arnie.  Yeah, I plan on eventually writing it up and sending it
in.  I hope that I can make one more trip to the site in MO to hunt for
that elusive intake cage.  I could have a pattern made and have it cast
but I'd love to find the original.  The old gent tells me "its here, I
guarantee it, I just don't know for sure where".  There is still a
possible location or two to look on the site.  After we found the first
part, I thought the others would be beside it.  But, it appears the
parts of the engine were like everything else, scattered here and there.
"Throw the governor by that tree and the carb by that one over there"
must have been the mode of the day.  I guess that's the reason some of
this old junk survived in the first place.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY