[SEL] The Gig on the Dig - Part II

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Jul 21 10:58:19 PDT 2008

Tommy,

You're an inspiration to us all.  Not only do you take on some really difficult
restorations on really rare engines, but there is usually one helluva good
story involved as well.  This one is no exception.

Thanks for this one.  VERY entertaining.  Who would have believed that you would
have found as much as you did?  Just amazing!!

The obvious follow-up question is will you write this up and send it in to GEM?

I'm looking forward to seeing this one running at some future Coolspring or
Portland show.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Anyone get poison ivy?  8-))

Quoting Judge Tommy Turner <Lcjudge at scrtc.com>:

> I had emails from several of you asking me to keep you informed on the "Gig
> on the Dig" in regards to searching for the balance of the parts on the Type
> B Springfield I have.   The possibility of giving the dig a shot last week
> came together rather quickly, over the span of a few days.  I appreciate all
> the offers of assistance several of you gave me to come and help and there
> may be another chance yet!

<snip>