[SEL] Old plumbing

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 22:26:28 PDT 2008

On 12/07/2008, Al Harris <al.harris at rustic-engines.com> wrote:
> You'd hate to have to *tap* a 2" thread in Peter.  I cut a 2" thread
> *on* a pipe just last week with my Bulldog 3 1/2 and I can tell you, my
> rotator cuffs and my pipe vise and bench, knew they had tough
> competition (and I was using cutting fluid).
>
> I think I'll use reducers and stick to 1 1/4" down from now on.
>
> BTW my Oz and Pommie engines all appear to use BSPT plumbing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Al Harris

The problem is that they have very little lead-in, and are very short
in respect of the diameter, so keeping them straight would be a bit of
a nightmare, unless you could get it into a big drill to keep the
thing aligned.

Useful for cleaning up manifold threads though, which is the main
reason we have them.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes