[SEL] white metal for bearings (Babbitt)

Judge Tommy Turnere Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Tue Jul 8 19:49:11 PDT 2008

Peter,
    I wished I had some way to get babbitt to you.  I have some NOS Jackson
Wheeler high speed nickel babbitt in about 3 lb ingots.  I'd sell it to you
for $5 / lb.  Its probably worth more than that for scrap.  I bought about a
ton of the stuff several years ago (didn't aim to buy it but I made the guy
an offer and he said "its yours".) I've sold it to a lot of folks for one
cylinders, Model T's and other applications.  All that have used it are very
pleased with it.  Here's what it looks like:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lcjudge/Misc/photo#5160269484786225074

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY