[SEL] 8N Fords

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:16:45 PDT 2008

I was going to stay out of this, for I am no expert.  I owned a 1948 8N,
front distributor.  I had it for 16 years, and after original overhaul never
did more to it. I lived in TN and had a good hill or two. In my part of TN,
a lot of people backed up the hills when the had a load.  Greatest little
tractor I ever owned for bush hogging, plowing (2-14) mowing , raking and so
on.  My son just bought a jubilee, with a loader, so far so good. It moves
500 lb bales on rear with no problem.  Now the beginning question, will it
pull a 750-1000 lb load around?? ... Let's put it this way, would you put
that kind of load behind a 20 hp lawn tractor??  If so go for it.

Paul Waugh - IN