[SEL] 8N Fords

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Tue Jul 8 13:39:10 PDT 2008

I haven't owned an 8n but I did have a Jubilee and it was worthless here in
the Ozarks.  It had nice small hydraulic loader on the front and would carry
anything down hill that the brakes would stop, but I couldn't bring anything
up hill.  It would just set there and spin the rear wheels.  Around here if
you want to carry anything up hill in the front loader a 4 wd is required.
I had the tires loaded with anti-freeze and carried a 50 gal drum filled
with water on the 3 pt hitch carry all.  It still wouldn't carry a bucket
load of dirt up hill.  For me it wasn't a question of getting stuck when it
was wet, but getting stuck at the bottom of the hill when it was dry.

Gary