[SEL] New engines!

Steve Royster steve_royster at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:12:02 PDT 2008

Hi George, I believe Tom Alexander in Iowa Falls makes Gade mufflers, I was told he also has the Gade Registry . He does quite a lot of different muffler castings and is always set up at Coolsprings in June.    His phone is 641 648 4117> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:21:36 -0500> From: George_Best at adp.com> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> Subject: [SEL] New engines!> > Last Friday I went to the auction at Moses Lake Washington. I had> picked out a few engines that I wanted to try for prior to the auction> and was lucky enough to come home with two of them.> > The first engine I got was a unknown engine. Actually, it still is> unknown! It is a 2 cycle engine, but not the mixed fuel type. Guessing> it is a 3 or 4hp engine, but have no way of really knowing until it has> been identified. I posted several pictures of it on Smokstak, but> haven't had a single response. I'm pretty sure it would run if I had a> usable buzz coil and got the engine fueled, oiled, and secured.> > The second engine I got is a 3hp Gade. I had to pass on bidding on a> few other engines to save my money for a try at the Gade. One of the> bad things of limited resources and one of the engines you really want> being at the end of the auction.> > Other than the paint job currently on the Gade I'm quite happy with it> and had it running the day after the auction. Really didn't need> anything except some fresh gas and to clean out the fuel line. Oh....> it also needed much lighter governor springs as it ran way too fast the> first time I started it up. Also put a muffler on it from one of my> other engines. That ported exhaust was a bit loud!> > Does anyone know if someone sells reproduction or original mufflers for> Gade engine?> > George> > > This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your system.> > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel