[SEL] Unfinished projects -- Henry Disston Two Man Chainsaw

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 07:57:00 PST 2008

Hi Alan,

I remember it well. Here are a couple pictures of the fun.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/buck03/buck03-1.jpg

http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/buck03/buck03-2.jpgLuke TonnebergerRockford, MichiganUSA
=============================> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:17:35 -0800> From: rustaholic777 at yahoo.com> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> Subject: Re: [SEL] Unfinished projects -- Henry Disston Two Man Chainsaw> > I have a nice old Henry Disston two man chainsaw with a 2 cylinder Mercury engine. > I bought it from a list member here.> It is missing a chain cover that protects the guy on the helper end.> > I forget who I bought that from, but at the time I emailed him and he said that cover was in a shed somewhere, but he would have to wait until Winter to dig for it because that shed was full of bees, wasps, hornets or something????> > Well,,,,, That has been several Winters ago and I have not heard anything from him. Bummer too,,,, I think that saw was supposed to be complete.> All those emails about this saw were on my WebTv and got dumped suddenly.> > Soon as I got that saw home I took it to the next Buckley Old Engine Show as a stuck non-runner with the recoil rope hanging out of a messed up recoil unit.> > It took just a couple hours to loosen it up and get it running. What a cool sound.> Loud and cool that is. Three of the folks that were standing around watching us work on it put their hands over their ears and left fast.> Several other folks came in a hurry to see what was making that beautiful sound. 8>))> IIRC It was my good friend Bill Wright and our own Luke Tonneberger that were there with me knocking it loose and repairing the recoil.> There it sits now because I will not put a chain on it until I get that part. 8>((> > Now,,, Who did I buy it from?> If you are out there please send me a note off list.> IIRC someone else brought it to me at either Portland or Lincoln Tucker's Show & Tell. If that great person reads this please email me off list and let me know who it came from.> Thanks, for this topic too, > > Alan Bowen> Williamsburg, Michigan