[SEL] Unfinished projects

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Tue Jan 29 05:59:34 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Best, George" <George_Best at adp.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 10:34 AM
Subject: [SEL] Unfinished projects

I'm sure we all have some unfinished projects.

I am not talking about current projects you're working on, but projects
you started years ago and haven't worked on in at least a year or more.
I am also not talking about project engines you've bought and haven't
started work on.  I'm interested in hearing what engine projects you've
started and then for various reasons they have sat for over a year or
more without any further work.

I've got a Holt 45 that came off a combine. It is not stuck but is tight in
the crank or rod bearings. It sat inside of  my shop and stayed warm for the
better part of 5 years, got looked at alot and tinkered with a couple of
times.  Finally moved it out last fall and put it to bed in the far end of
the cold part of the shop building.....
Dave