[SEL] Didn't want to sell

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Fri Jan 25 10:48:59 PST 2008

Frank,
Our story is similar.  In 1986 we were looking for property with friend
who is a real estate broker.  After showing us several properties he
said "I want to show you a 1,000 Acre property that I have listed.  The
owner has steadfastly refused to sell off smaller parts of it."  We
liked it and made an offer on the part we wanted.  It was refused so we
made an offer on a larger piece and the owner accepted.  We then sold
off the part that we didn't want.   We found out later that the banker
was pushing for interest payments on his loan, and that his partners in
a new venture caught him with his hand in the till and kindly explained
what would happen to him if the money were not replaced by the end of
the month.

The rest of the ranch was on the market for a long time.  We were the
only ones to buy a piece of  it.  We held the property for 15 yrs until
we could retire on it.  We have been living here nearly 7 years.
Sometimes you just have to ask.  Life is good!

Gary