[SEL] Didn't want to sell

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Jan 23 09:20:23 PST 2008

George,
    I had a very nice Geiser engine, 6 HP, sideshaft, all original (the
most original paint I've ever seen on a Geiser engine), portable, etc.,
etc.  I took it to a show and a guy I know bugged me about buying it.  I
know the guy and knew he wasn't very serious.  So, bang, I hit him with
a price.  He said "OK, I'll take it".  He walks over to another fella
and then comes back over to me with the money.  The gent with the cash
didn't know me and was interested in the engine.  He knew the other guy
and asked him to get a price from me and if it wasn't over X dollars,
then buy it.  So, I "accidently" sold my baby.  Live and learn.  If you
really don't want to get rid of something, don't put a price on it period!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY