[SEL] Didn't want to sell

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Wed Jan 23 07:38:47 PST 2008

Years ago there were a couple of tractor collectors that I knew.  The
one collector had some tractors that today would be very expensive ones
to buy and were still pretty valuable when this story took place.

The second collector asked the first one if he'd sell him a couple of
the tractors.

The first collector didn't really want to sell so he said, "Sure, I'll
sell them for $xx,xxxx!" which was a lot more than he thought anyone
would pay.

To his amazement, the second collector whipped out his checkbook and
bought them!

I was hoping that $20k was outrageous enough that even with the Royster
oil fortune, you wouldn't take me up on my offer ;-)

So here's a question for the group to answer:

Have you ever offered something you didn't want to sell for a very high
price and had the buyer accept your price?

George