[SEL] My Homepage

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Tue Jan 22 14:00:22 PST 2008

I'm right in the middle of restoring 2 JD model H's, sold one and am keeping
the other. I moved the 2HP Fairbanks T into the shop office and have been
looking at it for the past couple of months. It is/was a Jack with no tank,
so I'm going to put an old small brass gear pump on the skid, drive it with
a flat belt off a a pully inside the flywheel.  Been watching the different
styles of screen cooled engines such as the IHC verticals, but don't want to
be a copy cat. I've got an idea of making a "cooling tower" style with
wooden removable slats staggered and stacked atop the others. Will have to
get creative and make some sort of valve on the intake side of the pump to
control temperature and volume.
Gotta stop being a FATG and get to work on it if I'm gonna lug it to Tulare.
Dave