[SEL] scary... you can still buy asbestos./now govern"munt". - what the hell is a munt?

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Wed Jan 16 01:13:47 PST 2008

Looked at your link... supposedly Australian Slang huh? I have to say
I've never once heard it used. Another word that ends in 'unt' and
doesn't start with 'm' is used quite regularly, but not 'munt'.

Example 1 would be more like just the last sentence about Dave.

Example 2 "Hey dude I drove over a squirrel the other day. I've got it
here - look its completely munted!" - an Aussie may use "dude" but we
don't have squirrels (seriously, we don't), and it would more likely be
a wombat we ran over in which case the sentence would more likely be "I
ran over a f*ckin hairy rock and now my car is totally rooted".

Example 3 "A girl that is undesirable or not very attractive. Jim: What
about tracey ? Dave: na shes a munt. Jim: Fair enough" would more likely
be "Jim: What about tracey ? Dave: na shes a dog. Jim: Fair'nuf" but
then again, most Aussie blokes would get into anything if they'd had
enough beer so the situation probably wouldn't come up (back to too much
beer again).

See - now you've had a lesson is Stroin you could do the entrance exam
and immigrate :)

Stroin if you're wondering is a lot like Merican.

Regards
Paul