[SEL] OT Willys Overland /Black and Decker project.

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 16:30:04 PST 2008

Hey Edd,
Was that one of those high speed triple reduction drill motors?
The one my partner had was a real beast.
I know it broke two arms and one lower leg shin bone.
Thankfully none of them were mine.
 I started carrying my own drill motor.

My partner's younger brother worked for us for a while.
I saw him pick that beast up and I told him he better swing that drill around and get that 16" piece of pipe up against the stud. He wouldn't listen,,,,,
He was using a 3" hole saw and when that saw bit in the handle swung around, smashed his hand against the stud and made a real mess of it.  His hand that is.

When we split up my partner tried to sell me that drill motor.  No way.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

Edd Payne <edsengns at optusnet.com.au> wrote: This got me thinking about an incident with a big old B&D drill.I was one of
the old aluminium case type with 2 long extension handles.Now when I was in
my 30s I was only 7.5 stone wringing wet.I was using the drill to put a
mounting hole through the wood floor of the flour mill where I was working
,on breaking through it jammed on a large bolt.Now being left handed lock on
catches tend to do just that as your hand gets in the way of it releasing so
the drill kept on going and it picked me up and jammed me against a support
pillar.A fellow worker had to come and pull the plug as I couldn't get away.
EDD PAYNE
PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
Australia
2852