[SEL] scary... you can still buy asbestos./now govern"munt".

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 15:55:51 PST 2008

Every time I run into a conversation like this I cringe a bit about those two days spent replacing asbestos siding on a house back around 1985 or 86.
There were a lot of doors and windows to cut around.
All those cuts were made with a metal cutting Carborundum blade in my circular saw.  The air was a solid cloud of asbestos dust.
No,  There were no masks of any kind to be found.
HEY,,, I just happen to know where there is a stack of NOS Asbestos siding.
Still in what's left of the boxes.
My Dad stacked them there and he died in 1960.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote: Having had a  mate who as a young man worked at Wittenoom in the bagging
plant and died at the age of 31 of Asbestosis, I certainly would handle the
stuff in ''Full Body Armour"" as Reg puts it! The three months '' Holiday
Job'' was Peters one and only contact with Asbestos ,a fatal one as it
turned out.
I am sure what Patrick was referring to was the inclusion of the product in
imported Chinese toys .These were remote controlled cars .............when
they eventually break a lot of boys would start to take them to pieces and
then come into contact with the Asbestos.
If the product is hazardous surly we want the Government to tell us!!