[SEL] OT Willys Overland project.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Jan 14 16:56:48 PST 2008

Alan,
That hemi would have lit the tires up real sweet for a few seconds. At
least until the axles let go! The original engines were about 73 HP.
Poor old drive train didn't stand a chance with the hemi!
Fellow here in town has one with the 350 Chevy in it with the original
5.33:1(?) rear end in it . It still only goes about 55 tops. But it gets
there faster than about anything else in town!
I'm big on originality, but I've been told that Cummins makes a 4
cylinder diesel that would get about 50 mpg in this vehicle. Very
tempting......
Probably has more HP that the original engine too. Can't be any noisier!
Curt