[SEL] Totally off topic-just a "rant"

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 16:38:04 PST 2008

In a message dated 1/11/2008 2:26:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jerrye at databak.co.za writes:

in the last 2 weeks we have
had 2 thunderstorms here, the like of which I've not experienced since
moving here in 1969

Jerry,

That is a bummer loosing all your stuff to the lightening.  It is an awesome
power!  There was a question on this morning news about the wattage a
lightening strike generates. The answer was 1 billion watts.

 Just down the road, lightening hit a tree in the woods, followed its root
about 20 feet to the road ditch, blew a hole 2 feet in the ground to the
telephone cable, followed the ditch about 300 feet up the road to the above ground
telephone cable junction box, blew the cover off it out into the road and fried
every wire in the box.  At least that is how I surmised the sequence of events
took place.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va.
Germoamer at aol.com