[SEL] August Portland Week options

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:31:54 PST 2008

On 06/01/2008, Rupert <rwenig2 at xplornet.com> wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>         Are you sure "fairly busy" is the right words?
>
>         I couldn't find enough time in the day when when we visited your
> country last August/September. The Dorcet show was fantastic. So were
> the museums in London, Salisbury, Bath, Bristol, Manchester, York and
> specially the Iron Gorge. We only had a month to try to grasp it all so
> the pace was hectic.
>         Have an excellent trip.
>
> Rupert

We haven't seen all of the UK yet, and we live here!

The main problem is the driving distances. You can get from one end of
the UK to the other in less than 800 miles, while in the USA you can
get that mileage crossing a couple of states.

We'll be doing a big circuit, furthest North will be Buckley, then we
drive down to Mishawaka, then Lafayette, then across to Muncie for
Portland, then down and across to Dayton, back to Muncie again and
then back up to Detroit for the flight home.

We normally cover about 2000miles or so. Michigan, Ohio and Indiana
have lots of things to keep us busy.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes