[SEL] Sticking lead to cast iron

Ed stoller edstoller at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 11:30:30 PST 2008

Rick,

Why don't you try to take a little acid and dissolve some copper wire in it,
then apply to the cast iron to see if the copper will transfer to the iron.
Maybe John Culp could help us here. In talking to my wife ( of 11 months
now), her father would dissolve zinc shavings in acid and then use that
solution to tin sheet metal. You may just have some old pot metal laying
around for the zinc.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/