[SEL] OT : Unknown Chain Drive Car circa 1916

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Thu Feb 14 15:07:14 PST 2008

Mark:

The fenders on that car were most likely put-on for street use or when driving in a race where there was rain or mud.  It would have been neat to hear that monster coming!

I built something like that in the late '60's out of a junk American LaFrance fire engine.  You can see it on my web page under "Otherstuff".  I called it the Belchfire IV -and- you could hear me coming!

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand