[SEL] OT : Unknown Chain Drive Car circa 1916

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Feb 14 07:58:26 PST 2008

Hi Eldon,
The car being built earlier then the photo does appear to be the case. Its
just credited that the photo was circa 1916. You're info about Vanderbilt
Cup racers seem to be right on target and heading me in the right
direction.  Found a web site with photos of them. Those cars are so very
similar to this one.
In the 1916 era Duesenberg was still working to get a foothold in the auto
industry and may have just known the owner of the car and wanted a photo of
himself in the car at that time. Notice the make-shift fenders on the car,
probably an afterthought to make the car more comfortably driveable in
regular useage.  Just imaging owning that car today.
          Thank You,   Mark

At 10:52 AM 2/14/08, you wrote:
>Mark:
>
>The car dates to much earlier than 1916.  Probably pre-1910.  I'm sure
>I've seen a photo of it somewhere else, maybe an early Indianapolis
>Vanderbilt Cup racer.
>
>Take care - Elden

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark