[SEL] Register Opinion

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Fri Feb 1 18:46:00 PST 2008

Hi Patrick

What you want to place on the web or any other source is entirely up to you.
I guess it is based on what YOU want done with the information, are you
wanting to write a book etc etc.
Remembering that what goes on the WWW is public domain and you have
basically no control over it, (forget copyright) so if in the future your
wanting to write a good comprehensive history on Austral keep some secrets
to yourself. Again this is your call mate. I have already had some
information taken and used by others from my web site, as have others who
have published stuff on the Web.

I have been criticised by some for not publishing and making more available
the info I have on R&V, what I have on R&V is my business and will become
everyone's business one day, I promise.
I am writing a book on R&V hence me not wanting everything on R&V on my web
site. Anyone can copy manuals and pictures from catalogues and print here
say, but to get the facts 100% correct takes a lot of time and in some cases
money.

You are lucky in that you have a register to go off and some surviving
company records, I have nothing except old catalogues and I envy you. They
do tell part of the story but not enough.
You, I and others that run registers have one great thing in common, the
fantastic help from enthusiasts and collectors on the two list forums here
(ATIS & Oldengin.org) and those members on our registers.
Use these people every chance you get, don't think you know it all because
just when you think you do something comes along. This has happened to me
many times.

I wish you well in your venture and adventure on Austral and as an Austral
owner I wait eagerly to read what ever you publish on the subject.

As for the R&V Book, well guys be patient and I hope we are all still around
when I get it out. ;-)))

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar